United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be any differences other than the numbered/personalized name plate?

I wonder if they will still be numbered, but not personalized?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxes themselves aren't numbered, only the nameplates are. The nameplates were sent separately from the game itself.

I doubt you'll get a nameplate at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the KS, it said they would get 3 KS exclusive bonus races. Any ideas on if those are included in what was sold today? Or will there be two different DE out in the wild?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming they are all there as they didn't make two different version of the designer's edition. As I understand it, the product sold today is the left overs from the kickstarter. Also, in the pictures on the website it seems it was all there. Lastly, it would be pretty shoddy to have the box with empty spaces for the races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the big problem with KS exclusives. What do you do with the left overs once everyone got their KS package if you promised they would be exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Levine
United States
Cooper City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen Tom's version already (as everyone knows I played it on our Dice Tower live play). Those 3 bonus races are in fact the Royal Bonus races...which according to the site it is included in these copies as well. So I expect everything to be the exact same except for the nameplate (which I will order my own to cover the cut velvet if it doesn't come with one...as the velvet is already cut in the box to fit the nameplate).

I assume DOW can confirm this for us here (as well as what will happen with the nameplates). Again...very happy to get a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
It's the big problem with KS exclusives. What do you do with the left overs once everyone got their KS package if you promised they would be exclusive?

Considering they sold out in 3 minutes I wouldn't say these are no longer that exclusive. But yeah, the remaining editions likely sold to non-backers. Given the aftermarket prices I'd say these are still pretty exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:

We (backers) were told that a limited number of extra would be made and possibly given away or sold after all the backers received their heavy crates. Extras were ordered to fulfill any damages and also as promotional material. It is only smart to add on to that quantity as the suppliers need minimum runs. But, backers were told in advance that extras would be sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.