Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pyuredeadbrilliant [+] [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I unpacked my box of comp magazines and Ball's Bluff games yesterday and spent today showing them off. The quality of BB - considering that it is a FREE game - is head and shoulders above what you would expect. Then again it is EXACTLY the kind of quality that Randy of Legion Wargames ALWAYS produces. Most seriously, I could not be more pleased with the whole package. WAR DIARY magazine itself has grown in size and is attracting some of the finest talent in the industry both as authors and as interview subjects. This team-up of Roy Matheson and Randy Lein is a solid match. Both insist on quality and punctuality. Both are on success trajectory! DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

I received my first issue of War Diaries today and have been impressed by both the standard of writing and, of course, the included game. I have clipped and shaded the edges of my counters using a different colour for each regiment and must say that the game is excellent... and this only after one play. It is so simple yet actually quite deep, with a lot of choices to be made in where and when the main attacks are to occur.

Well done to your goodself, Legion Games and Roy and the publishers of the magazine. I will shortly be taking out a subscription. I would go as far as to say that both are

Pyuredeadbrilliant

Regards and thanks,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim, that was a very satisfying post of yours. Hope to have the opportunity to play BB with you sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.