Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kin Fong
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just received this game...very excited to play.

One of my favourite game aspects is asymmetry. (Terra Mystica and Maria are in my top ten). I personally don't feel that an asymmetric game has to have equal winning odds for it to be a great game.

Eg 1. Maria which is strictly a 3 player game, the winning odds (which have been logged on a BGG thread) are 37%/40%/23% amongst the three roles/nations.

Eg 2. Terra Mystica has a large online community with thousands of games logged, and the winning statistics are quite different amongst the different factions eg. Darklings vs Fakirs

My question for the developers and others who've played, what winning statistics did you find amongst Wei/Wu/Shu?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
My Significant Other posted the results of playtests 101 through to 202 on BGG. You can find them via this link: Three Kingdoms Redux Playtests 101 to 202

We went to dig out some statistics from our old records:

Winning percentages from playtest 78 onwards:
Wei: 35%
Wu: 31%
Shu: 34%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Ong
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeoster wrote:
My Significant Other posted the results of playtests 101 through to 202 on BGG. You can find them via this link: Three Kingdoms Redux Playtests 101 to 202

And somehow, that really reflects the winning percentages of the Kingdoms in the actual Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel...to me anyway.

You guys are amazing! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Fong
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeoster wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Really looking forward to playing.

The game esthetically looks great by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locke Balenska
msg tools
I haven't been keeping very good track, but my games have been almost half Wu-wins so far. Something like:

Wei - 35%
Wu - 45%
Shu - 20%

But that's for a much smaller sample size than the dev playtesting, of course (and also has me frequently playing Shu and messing myself up ). I'm sure it will even out over time, plus the win percentages don't show how close most games have been in VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.