Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, an island is a territory that is entirely contained in one sea-zone.....

...and Greenland is the only territory on the map that is entirely contained in one sea-zone (kinda) but also touches the edge of the map.

What do you think? If it's an island, it could be handy for a US player with the Island Bases National Advantage; either to conduct raids on Norway or to send fighters further afield in other ways.

~Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Carmichael
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess so. It doesn't border another sea zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this question on the axisandallies.org forums, and had some interesting discussion... the eventual conclusion that I was happy with was this:

The trick was to look at the seazone instead of at the landmass. The sea-zone surrounding Greenland is a distorted horseshoe shape. It therefore does not enclose the landmass of Greenland. Since the landmass is not enclosed by a seazone, it is therefore not "entirely contained by" a seazone (the wording in the rules that defines an island) and is therefore NOT an island.

That train of logic works for me. Greenland will not count as an island in my games.

~Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.