Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malcolm Campbell
United States
Grand Rapids
flag msg tools
Players: 2
Result: Jack arrested on 2nd night.

On the first night, the investigator only narrowed down Jack's hideout a little, to 1/4 of the board. Jack killed fairly close to home. They got back to base in only a few moves and only needed one carriage. They were fairly concentrated, though. This lead Jack to conclude that they needed to strike far from home and draw them out.

On the second Jack murdered on the opposite side of the board from where his hideout was. The investigator guarded the highway well, leaving 3 pawn guarding Jack's home base neighborhood and sending two to investigate the new murder. Jack's trail was picked up and the investigator pawns slowly closed in. Jack burned both carriage tokens and was forced off the main highway. As the noose tightened and Jack burned moves, Jack realized they would be unable to return to home base before move 15. Jack began moving to the coast to evade capture but the police anticipated this and continued closing in. Finally Jack was surrounded and arrested, brought to justice before he could do any more harm.

Playing with 2 players is much different from playing with 6. A player per policeman can lead to disagreements about tactics and a tendency for everyone to want to get in on the action. One player controlling all policemen may more easily lead to a strategy whereby some restrict access to the area thought to be Jack's hide out while others move to try and root out Jack himself. This is my first playthrough as police and I can see the value in riding the highways through Whitechapel as a way of corralling Jack and forcing him on to side streets or to burn some tokens.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
gui lin
msg tools
Jack shouldn't be too hasty with his first night though
If he got home in a couple of moves, he is giving away a really major clue, even if the investigators didn't come across any during their search.

As Jack, I rarely ever finish the first night within 12 moves, they will pick up some traces, but they can't be 100% sure which neighbourhood the hideout is in. And sometimes I'll even go 5-6 moves in the wrong direction and just backtrack those exact moves and try throwing them off that way.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.