Subject: Moving and Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
I just finished a battle and I see something a bit "gamey". Say I have my armored car and I move one hex forwards and into the enemy's hex. I get three rolls as I moved closer and am now in the same hex. So I roll a 1 and nothing happens.

Assuming the enemy roll is Adjacent Cover and there is none then they do not move. Now my turn again and I have 2 movement points. So I move one hex out of the hex with the enemy and them move one hex back in again. I have now gotten my three rolls again since I moved closer and am in the same hex as the enemy. That seems to be a little off.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lederer
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it could represent hit and run tactics or flanking the enemy with AC superior mobility...or you could disallow it if it doesn't seem realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most units don't get the 2 move feature and those that do are generally weak. I just credit it to the mobility value they bring to a battle. Gamey? Yeah, but wait 'til your big boy's guns and MGs go down and your dancing around targets to get in range and maybe find cover! Enjoy the tactical puzzle against time and luck and inhale the smoke of battle chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, my recently ordained favorite leader is "Average" Stump. He just sucked up stress while charging his rifle unit against 'em in my last battle! Lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.