5 Posts

Valeria: Card Kingdoms» Forums » General

Subject: Should I print these out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer

Oklahoma
msg tools
I am intrigued by the game and have a very nice color laser printer (HP Laserjet 200 M251NW w/ affordable non-oem ink .. $46 for all four cartridges).

I could print these out affordably and glue to index card stock, trim nicely and sleeve. (A little over a nickel a card not including re-usable sleeves).

Is the game worth printing at this point? I have the prototype file from back in December I believe.

Or has much changed since then and it'd be a waste of ink to print?

Advice please, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards have almost all changed radically (and there are twice as many) since the kickstarter ended, and I don't know if they are finalized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
The cards have almost all changed radically (and there are twice as many) since the kickstarter ended, and I don't know if they are finalized.

I would say, Print them out if you have the newest PNP version (if you are a backer), trim them and use some old Cards with fittin Sleeves you have already.

Because as told above me, there several Cards that will coming to be added. So testing, playing, have fun with it and playing it again .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As said before, if you're a backer for the KS, the most recent PnP version (although temporary) it's already a pretty good solid game.

If you aren't a backer, you can print the prototype but I wouldn't make a great print for it because the game is not complete and, actually, I think it isn't that solid. From what I heard, the Dukes are unbalanced and you only have um citizen for each number.

EDIT: correction on the 2nd paragraph. I wrote "it's that solid" instead of "it isn't that solid"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
United Kingdom
Morden
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Word of advice if youre not a backer- there have been two previously funded kickstarter games that I missed out on but after throwing the guys over there a quick email I managed to get my name on the PnP list via a paypal payment. Maybe the devs here would do something similar if you asked really REALLY nicely!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.