Subject: Matching opionions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Neugebauer
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
What counts as a match when comparing the opionion cards with the policy cards. That they just be yes or no or that they also match the degree of opionion like yes and more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnold Neumann
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question and examined the cards in the game published by valley games. I found that the cards for economic redevelopment are printed wrong. As an example the state opinion cards show arrow down and the party policy cards show an "X". Same thing for the white cards for economic redevelopment. All other cards as they should be. Bottom line just look at the matching color and policy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards in this reprint are, in my opinion and the opinion of my gaming group, so bad as to be almost unusable. It's not just the superfluous Yes/More/No/Less graphic, but the terrorism, nuke, and industry graphics are so close as to appear identical, especially on the smaller graphics on the Public Opinion cards.

In a reprint, this is inexcusable. While I understand that component issues often aren't caught until the final game is delivered to the publisher (see the color registration issues in Railroad Tycoon, for example), sometimes the problems can cause serious problems with people misreading the components and affecting the outcome of a long game. I am calling for Valley Games to make available a set of replacement cards, at cost, to those who want a useable set of Public Opinion and Party Platform cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug is right.
The VG edition is my first, and the cards are incredible confusing.
Half way through a solitaire learning game, I had serious questions as to how the economic developement cards worked, and was simply confused by the arrows and x's.
VERY cool game though.
Come on Valley Games!
Make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pro-cards are white, anti-cards are dark... I don't understand the confusion. Although I agree that the symbols should have been caught before printing.

I agree with Doug about some of the graphics being confusing, however I just ensure that it is pointed out to the players pre-game so they are vigilant.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James, I agree with you as well...
It really isn't an issue or confusing at all. From afar, the pics are tough to tell apart; just look closer. And the red vs. white is an obvious clue...
Reall, Valley Games did an excellent job with this reissue; I couldn't be happier, even with these small issues.
Gameplay isn't effected, and the game deserved a reprint (an what a reprint it is, thanks Valley!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the production of the game is excellent, but it is confusing for new players. I think once we (my group) gets a handle on the game it will be fine, but untill then the cards are very confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.