Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The rules indicate a Harpoon does not have to move in a straight line. The rules show a pictoral example of this where a harpoon can "hug" the shallows on its way to the target. That all makes sense to me.

So what if the player wants to move the Harpoon fewer spaces than rolled? At first, I thought, "no way, you have to use up your movement" BUT since Harpoons don't have to move in a straight line, couldn't the player burn up some spaces by zig-zagging around, effectively reducing the distance travelled if desired?

(The reason you might do this is because your roll would get you too close to the target - probably a destroyer - without being close enough to hit. Net result: your opponent shoots down the Harpoon on his next turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I have played it...it may move in any direction, so you can keep it away from the enemy if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.