The Captain Is Dead» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be a 2.0 release? Kickstarter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I read that episode 3 and 4 may go to Kickstarter. Any projected date for those expansions?

Will there be a base game version 2.0 released to Kickstarter or otherwise?
If so, will there be any differences besides errata corrections?

If so, will The Game Crafter still be the publisher?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Episode 3 is planned for mid 2016. Episode 4 has no date yet, except to say that we plan to do 1 expansion per year so it's pretty safe to expect "sometime in 2017".

We don't plan to release a 2.0 version to Kickstarter at this time. Not sure what would be in a 2.0 release, other than errata. We're pretty pleased with the base game, so probably not going to change it, beyond clarifications.

The Game Crafter will be the publisher for The Captain is Dead and all expansions. I'm not sure if this is what you were getting at or not, but we are also looking at the possibility of selling in in stores other than our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:

We don't plan to release a 2.0 version to Kickstarter at this time.

Thank goodness, I've barely got home with a copy of v1.5 from UKGE.

Tried a dry run setting up the game last night but was distracted by watching reruns of Fringe. So I didn't quite get to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.