Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: christmas [+] [View All]
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for the past few weeks my wife has been obsessing about christmas. For whatever reason, I'm impossible to shop for. That might be because I HATE other people selecting clothing, shoes, music, and anything electronic for me. I also don't wear ties, fancy cologne, or play any kind of golf/bowling/lawn darts or other sport. And I'm not into power tools, pro teams, nascar, wrestling, or liscensed merchandise. And this year I'm not even that excited about any new video games, toys, or even DVDs.

It looked like my wife was going to kill me.

It got worse when her mother and sister started calling her, and asking HER opinion on what to get me.

Fortunately, I've been telling her for about four years to just get me a couple boardgames for x-mas. This year, she finally listened. I put together a thoughthammer wishlist, and she picked out a few to order. We have a $100 limit on christmas purchases, but with her mom and sister on board for a game each, the total easily hit the free shipping mark.

There's only one TEENSY problem. I told her to create a new account for the order and have the emails sent to her sister's hotmail account. Well, she didn't do that. Instead, I got "I didn't know HOW to create a new account, so I just used yours. PROMISE not to peek ok?" So now, my entire gift list is just waiting on my Thoughthammer order history, BEGGING to be viewed. gulp Even worse, are the thoughthammer emails just SITTING in my inbox "Your Thoughthammer Receipt!" gulp

How the devil am I going to last three more weeks? crycrycry

The List (I can't believe I don't have some of these already):

A Game of Thrones
Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion
Atlas & Zeus
Axis & Allies: Battle of the Bulge
Blue Moon City (Reiner Knizia)
Britannia
Celtica
Citadels (New Box Format)
Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
Colossal Arena
Domaine
Dracula
Dragon's Gold
Drakon 3rd Edition
Dungeon Twister
Dungeon Twister 3-4 Player Expansion
Fantasy Business
Haunting House, The
Iliad
Lawless!
Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation: Deluxe Edition
Mare Nostrum
Mare Nostrum - Mythology Expansion
Raid on the Mall
Return of the Heroes
Settlers of Canaan
Settlers of Catan
Ticket To Ride
Tikal
Vampire: Prince of the City
When Darkness Comes: The Most Dangerous Game
World of Warcraft: The Board Game
Zombies!!! 3: Mall Walkers
Zombies!!! Second Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have peeked the minute I got that confirmation e-mail from ThoughtHammer. I love that wishlist. I e-mailed part of my list to my family and part to my In-laws in Oct. and low and behold received a total of 10 games. My parents even went as far saying well we ordered a lot of them so it'll be your christmas present too. I love this web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first and foremost don't peek ya knob. Second mark the email as read then move them to a different folder out of view, out of sight out of mind. then wait the time out to that day and let the the game s they chose for you be a surprise. You'll enjoy it more and not have to risk any repercussions form the wife. Besides you screw this up and she might start buying you ties... and expect you to wear them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it worse than you I have 2 large boxes from thoughthammer in my garage, next to the rest of my games, and one of them is opened so my wife could check it. Ahhh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Bingham
Germany
Herford
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can top that. I have it worse than that even.

We don't have much money to spend on xmas this year (just bought a house) and so i NEITHER have a confirmation email from any online e-tailer NOR a box sitting here with games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScYcS wrote:

We don't have much money to spend on xmas this year (just bought a house) and so i NEITHER have a confirmation email from any online e-tailer NOR a box sitting here with games...

Yeah, but at least you have a house in which you can dream about playing those new games you did not get from thought hammer in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd move those tempting emails to a different folder (i.e., out of the inbox), but I like surprises myself. (Unfortunately, I actually stooped to buying my own Christmas present and giving it to my wife to give to me. It was part of a large group order that got us all free shipping and a very good price, but still.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leftfield
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
big-chad wrote:
ScYcS wrote:

Yeah, but at least you have a house in which you can dream about playing those new games you did not get from thought hammer in.

Yeah! You'll be able to set up a big game of Memoir or Carcassonne or one of your other games in the dedicated game room!

You did make sure the new house has a dedicated game room, right?

At this point, that's the only thing that'll get me to move out of my house. I'm trying to convince my wife we need a garage with a loft above it. with a game table and big comfy chairs.

and a fridge.

with samwiches.

and beer.

and a bathroom. and..and....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I see a $70-some dollar order from Thoughthammer reflected in our online banking today. Yippee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Toups
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh...we just have the big box of games we ordered from TH for OTHER people...
-Zach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice. I may have to create a wishlist over there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wish TH would add a gift feature that removes a game from your wishlist when someone buys it for you.

Amazon.com has that feature, it's nice because it keeps people from getting you the same gift and allows the "giftee" to know what he has coming ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fullerbd wrote:
I have it worse than you I have 2 large boxes from thoughthammer in my garage, next to the rest of my games, and one of them is opened so my wife could check it. Ahhh

That's just cruel.

Most people wouldn't do these sort of things to a dog. "See the biscuit boy? See it? See it?" ::snatches it away:: "Can't have it!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.