Hide
12 Posts

Dungeon Petz» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling from market pedestal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dan hynes
msg tools
I cannot figure out how the pedestal works. Lets say I go there on turn 2 to be ready for turn 3. It says at the end you move to the right. I take it I am then first in line. Does that mean someone else cannot go on the pedestal that turn? If I remain there on the end of turn 3 and don't buy where does the person go? Also, it mentions you can have numerous workers there, I cannot figure that out either. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the next turn begins, your imps move off the space so others can now use the space. From there on out, you can send your imp home when scoring points for selling a pet to score extra points. Otherwise he just remains there until you use him. You can add more imps later by using the space if you're okay with workers just loafing there doing nothing until maybe used later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any imps placed there will stay there until they are used to sell a pet.

You can place multiple imps there by placing a bid with multiple imps on that space.

Like any other space only one person can place imps on that spot each round, but anyone can use one of their imps currently there when selling on a given round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
When you put someone on the pedestal, it does mean nobody else can put imps there that turn. However, any imps there before stay there, and if unused that round, they shift over to the right. Imps on the right side don't block the space or prevent anyone from using the pedestal.

So if you go there on turn 2, you could use an imp from the pedestal on turn 2. Nobody else could put imps there on turn 2. During the sale phase, you can use the imp you just placed there, and if a player put an imp there on turn 1, they could use the imp during selling, too.

If you don't sell on that turn, your imp moves over (and joins any imps already there). You can then use the imp later. There is no concept of "line", anyone who has imps on the platform can use them during the sale phase.

During turn 3, you (or another player) could put an imp on the platform space; the imps already there to the side don't matter.

You CAN put multiple imps there, but you need to be careful, since they don't come back right away. But it can be useful to put 2 imps there at a time, so that you can use the platform in two separate rounds without having to later put an imp on the space; it will stick around.

Just remember, you can only use one platform imp per round (even rounds where you can sell two pets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:

So if you go there on turn 2, you could use an imp from the pedestal on turn 2.

Except that there are no dungeon lords to sell to in the first two turns .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

So if you go there on turn 2, you could use an imp from the pedestal on turn 2.

Except that there are no dungeon lords to sell to in the first two turns .

True, I forgot about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So even if I have a guy from last round and someone has an imp there from this round we can each sell for 3X right.

The 2X is for when someone sells a pet and have NO ONE on the platform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOriginalJwoo wrote:
So even if I have a guy from last round and someone has an imp there from this round we can each sell for 3X right.

The 2X is for when someone sells a pet and have NO ONE on the platform.

Correct.

Note that you don't HAVE to use an imp when selling, either. If a particular sale is poor and you prefer to save your 3x imp for later, you can do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need some small point clarified regarding the platform... Initially when i put my imps on the action space, that just means nobody else can place there that round correct? After the action selection phase i move them to the right (placing them on top of the 3x icon instead of keeping them in the action space) correct? What this means is that players are once again free to place imps on the action space...but while i have an imp sitting on the 3x icon of the platform i can use him to get a 3x bonus when selling right? And the other point is i can use the imp to sell for 3x during the same round as i place on the platform... Is this all correct?

I think im getting confused by the whole "move imps to the right" concept. Making it sound like theres an extra space or extra step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
I need some small point clarified regarding the platform... Initially when i put my imps on the action space, that just means nobody else can place there that round correct? After the action selection phase i move them to the right (placing them on top of the 3x icon instead of keeping them in the action space) correct? What this means is that players are once again free to place imps on the action space...but while i have an imp sitting on the 3x icon of the platform i can use him to get a 3x bonus when selling right?

Correct. They only block the platform on the turn you put them there. If you don't use them to sell for the 3x bonus, they go to the other side of the platform and just hang out until you do.

Quote:
And the other point is i can use the imp to sell for 3x during the same round as i place on the platform... Is this all correct?

Correct. If you use them the same round you placed them, they'll go back to your board at the end of the round like normal. Otherwise, they stay at the platform.

Quote:
I think im getting confused by the whole "move imps to the right" concept. Making it sound like theres an extra space or extra step.

Well, the platform is kind of divided into two "parts" - the main part, where the action space is, and the "right side" part, where they just hang out. The wording is just to emphasize that if you don't use them, they don't go home, but will stay there until used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok for some reason i thought there were multiple aspects to the platform.

and anyone can sell a pet for 2x the bonus regardless of whether theyre on the platform or not, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
ok for some reason i thought there were multiple aspects to the platform.

and anyone can sell a pet for 2x the bonus regardless of whether theyre on the platform or not, correct?

Correct. It's either 2x or 3x. You never really get 1x points for selling pets. I think this was intentional, to make the bonus essentially 1.5x the regular amount you get.

(And just be be clear, the 2x and 3x only applies to the points you get; it doesn't affect the gold amount).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.