that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delighted so many people are enjoying their original iPad. I guess I just have to live with my faster sleeker next gen model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Turco
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law
badge
Love is the law, love under will
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I must say I really like the idea of a streamlined second edition, as much as I love the first edition I think it was in need of a bit of simplification on some aspects, and I like the new art too!
Looking forward to try this and see if it can put my 1st edition copy in retirement (and with retirement I mean ebay )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it too late to chime in and say that I am glad I have the vastly...ahem.....vastly superior 1st Edition copy?? No??
OkaY....Well, I am glad that I do. I hope the 2nd edition does well though. Looks interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Delighted so many people are enjoying their original iPad. I guess I just have to live with my faster sleeker next gen model.
The one with fewer features, like a touch-screen... Yeah, okay.

The wholesale changes in the "second edition" make it a completely different game. Removing the double-agents is like removing the rondel from Imperial, basically eliminating half the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
I'm so lucky I got the [possibly] vastly superior 1st edition, and if you want it you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
Sold. Where can I meet you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
bamonson wrote:
MrMT wrote:
The one with fewer features, like a touch-screen... Yeah, okay.

The wholesale changes in the "second edition" make it a completely different game. Removing the double-agents is like removing the rondel from Imperial, basically eliminating half the game.
I hear ya! Some people prefer games when they are in beta and are rough and bloated. It's kinda like how some people prefer 6 hour directors cuts of 2 hour movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Every bit of information supports my claim that the second edition is Emerald for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten van Meer
Belgium
Antwerpen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so glad I was alteady reading The Sandman before it was finished and Neil Gaiman started licensing petty games from his rich, postmodern, interetextual work. I for one am sticking with my graphic novels and books which offer a more intellectually challenging time than moving cubes and cards around a board.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Oh sorry, is this boardgamihg snobbery? I was looking for general cultural snobbery. Off to the opera now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exupery Ether
msg tools
mb
I had the first edition, tried to play it once and sold it.

Two weeks ago I had a chance to buy a signed copy of the 2nd edition. Already played four games so far and I am in love.

One of the best, underrated games of 2015.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
...idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:
...idiots.
Thank you for that incisive and informative commentary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just WHERE did you get those figures?

Thumb up