United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
It took the season 3 KS 19 days to do what Black Plague has already done.

This means that IF Black Plague follows the same trend then, by the end of the funding period they should raise at least $3,220,000
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Krom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but they announced no KS exclusives as add-on so i don't know if there are big pushes coming to break the total of the S3 campaign.

If they announced for example a $10 KS exclusive figure as an payed add-on the majority of the 9000+ backers would add it and it would add a lot of money to the campaign. Bu that's not going to happen this campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
DaBoyTimmy wrote:
If they announced for example a $10 KS exclusive figure as an payed add-on the majority of the 9000+ backers would add it and it would add a lot of money to the campaign. Bu that's not going to happen this campaign...

Have they announced that there won't be any exclusive $10 heroes this year? Or you assuming that based on what we've seen so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daviddoughty83 wrote:
DaBoyTimmy wrote:

Have they announced that there won't be any exclusive $10 heroes this year? Or you assuming that based on what we've seen so far?

There may be $10 heroes, but they won't be Kickstarter Exclusive. It was posted officially in the comments that none of the paid add-ons will be exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
daviddoughty83 wrote:
DaBoyTimmy wrote:

There may be $10 heroes, but they won't be Kickstarter Exclusive. It was posted officially in the comments that none of the paid add-ons will be exclusive.

They may as well be--the only addons you find in stores are either tiles or extra zombie packs.

I've never seen an artist pack or anything else in a FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:

I've never seen an artist pack or anything else in a FLGS.

I've definitely seen the Guest Artist packs from Season 2 for sale at a couple of my local game stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
already complained about the lack of progress. recommended that they cancel and relaunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
daviddoughty83 wrote:
DaBoyTimmy wrote:

Weelll...people are debating what Thiago meant. We're not sure if he meant that the current add-ons are not KS exclusive OR if he meant none are nor will be.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris saman
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not my intention to start a controversy...but was it the paid exclusive add ons that garnered an after sale market? I'm thinking of backing zombicide for the first time and am curious if the kickstarted exclusive minis will have a good after market? I don't think I'll need all of them and would like to recoup some cost as the Canadian dollar is not what it used to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yeah...there are some good resale values on some of the stretch goal heroes that won't be available for purchase by themselves. The included box of 5 heroes alone might get you at least $50-75 on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mattson
msg tools
csaman wrote:
Not my intention to start a controversy...but was it the paid exclusive add ons that garnered an after sale market? I'm thinking of backing zombicide for the first time and am curious if the kickstarted exclusive minis will have a good after market? I don't think I'll need all of them and would like to recoup some cost as the Canadian dollar is not what it used to be.

It's a crapshoot. I have my season 3 exclusives on eBay right now for 25 and free shipping and they're not selling. Prior seasons have brought around 40 a figure. The more backers there are now the less demand for stuff there will be. Although this is a first of its series..who knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
squipple wrote:
It's a crapshoot. I have my season 3 exclusives on eBay right now for 25 and free shipping and they're not selling. Prior seasons have brought around 40 a figure. The more backers there are now the less demand for stuff there will be. Although this is a first of its series..who knows.

You're right the individuals won't sale for $25, but they will sell if you offer them at $12-15, but offer a buy now for $20-25 and set a starting bid at $11.99. You won't regret it....or maybe you will. It's just simple supply and demand.

Being the new season...you're right it's hard to tell. I would say it will be the same simply because there are more people backing it. Prepare to only be able to sell anything at 1.25x-1.5x what their face value is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Black plague, if you were able to sell each of the 12 exclusive figures for $10, plus the base game for $50, and all of the other add on stuff (extra zombies, dice, non-exclusive survivors) for $30, you'd have doubled your $100 pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb

I updated the Daily Pledge graphs to include a projection cone of what the final funding for the project might be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
Weelll...people are debating what Thiago meant. We're not sure if he meant that the current add-ons are not KS exclusive OR if he meant none are nor will be.

Also, when Thiago posts on his own account rather than that blue-highlight CMON account, I think he is being helpful but is not guaranteed to be official in all cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
If the trend continues in a similar fashion to Season 3, then Black Plague could hit 4 million or get really really close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Last two days were the lowest compared to what Season 3 did. Yesterday was less than 80% of the funding of Season 3 at the equivalent spot in the campaign. I wonder what the big funding push was at that point; some exciting new addon must have happened on Day 16 of the Season 3 campaign!

EDIT: Looks like it was 3D doors and barricades, plus a VIP pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Last two days were the lowest compared to what Season 3 did. Yesterday was less than 80% of the funding of Season 3 at the equivalent spot in the campaign. I wonder what the big funding push was at that point; some exciting new addon must have happened on Day 16 of the Season 3 campaign!

EDIT: Looks like it was 3D doors and barricades, plus a VIP pack.

Yeah I think the 3D pieces would do it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daviddoughty83 wrote:
I would say yeah...there are some good resale values on some of the stretch goal heroes that won't be available for purchase by themselves. The included box of 5 heroes alone might get you at least $50-75 on eBay.

The Heroes box #1? It's not KS exclusive, so will probably be available for general retail. I can't imagine that it would retail for more than $40, and probably closer to $25-$30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotenomad wrote:
daviddoughty83 wrote:

The Heroes box #1? It's not KS exclusive, so will probably be available for general retail. I can't imagine that it would retail for more than $40, and probably closer to $25-$30.

Yeah...you are totally right. I thought it was exclusive and after I realized that I forgot to come back and edit what I said. Thanks for saying something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The graph of BP:S3 is trending toward 128%, which would put us around $3.6M. Of course, I assume BP has a lot of explosive potential with the greater number of pledges at lower average amounts. There's a lot more room for dollar growth without adding backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
... BP has a lot of explosive potential with the greater number of pledges at lower average amounts. There's a lot more room for dollar growth without adding backers.

Definitely....the $18 add-on for the 3D doors is a perfect example of that. IF they create any more add-ons that the vast majority feel are a must, there is no telling how high the funding will go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.