Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, finally the preorder! And I think this is the city building game I always wanted. But....just to be sure:

how is the two player game? I guess it's very good ... Can somebody share his opinion?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, I don't see anything that makes a two player game very different from a three or four player game.

To me, it seems to be a typical multiplayer solitaire puzzle with almost no interaction at all. It provides a Solo Variant, also.

If this sounds good in your book, then go ahead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:
After reading the rules, I don't see anything that makes a two player game very different from a three or four player game.

To me, it seems to be a typical multiplayer solitaire puzzle with almost no interaction at all. It provides a Solo Variant, also.

That's my impression too thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:

no Interaction ? You can move citizens to opponent cities to get advantages of their buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
nabla wrote:
Cyberian wrote:

no Interaction ? You can move citizens to opponent cities to get advantages of their buildings.

Some people don't see interaction unless they can bomb your factories and invade your residential zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. But is this so different in 2 o 4 player? I hope not..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2 Player Game you have only one opponent city.

In a 4 Player game you have 3 to choose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That' s definitely true. In a 2 player game You can only have one tourist (or 2 with the Metrostation tile).
But the 2 player ´s game is probably more difficult to master during the first rounds because as you have less buildings to occupy. That means less benefit to get (less money from the commercial, less factories so less raw materials so less new citizens).
In a 3p game, you have 2 opponent borroghts so you might want to occupy more aboard-

There is also interaction during the selection phase and rules set how many cards to place depending on the number of players .
Less players, less cards, direct conflit ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
There is also interaction during the selection phase and rules set how many cards to place depending on the number of players .
Less players, less cards, direct conflit ...

If this is at all similar to Clinic, there's a ton of indirect player conflict... stealing the limited buildings by watching what your opponent is doing, maximizing your goals, while meddling with your opponents goals.

Who says Euros can't be cutthroat?
Gotta find the right players for that!
My old group was very confrontational in this regard.
I don't need this, but you do... guess where I'm going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the biggest difference is in 2p your paying more attention to your opponent's city and actively working against them. This is most notable with the tourists, but also comes up in the role selection part. Especially because you'll see less roles, turn order can be very important in blocking actions. By contrast, with 3 or 4 players, you focus more on building your own beautiful city because it doesn't make sense for one player to spend all their time trying to take out another player.

Mechanically all player counts are basically the same except for the role cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct Nathan.

I have been reported that many 2 player games with one veteran against one new bee is still challenging for both players : The experimented player plays the game with the Advanced player board (-20% smaller) and the other player still plays with the Normal Board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.