Subject: Archery X rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have to distribute damage for Archery (and similar effects), can you assign all damage to a single character, even though it is more than the health total of that character?

I'm looking at you, Boromir!

Or can you only assign as much damage as would be required to kill the character in question?

Also, with Frodo (hero), do you apply the damage in one go (and can cancel it all) or one-by-one?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fuller
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As far as I understand you cannot, that would be much too easy to distribute 10 archery to Silvan Refugee. Frodo You could assign all 10 and then raise your threat by 10, but then you would be done for the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
I forgot where it was answered officially, but you cannot assign archery damage to a character past their remaining hitpoints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, gut feeling is that it should work that way, also. Thanks!

Tried to find it in FAQ, but no luck.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wohlganger
United States
Valley City
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also don't know where in the faq it is, but in any situation where you need to "assign damage," the damage needs to be assigned point-by-point, and cannot exceed the remaining hp of the assigned character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caleb's answer is in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1040206/archery

Quote:
Damage from Archery keyword cannot be over-assigned to characters you control. It must be divided among characters you control until either there is no damage left to assign or no characters left to assign it to.
The damage is applied simultaneously, so you can assign damage to more than 1 Silvan Refugee because their Forced effect will not trigger until after all the damage has been assigned.
Cheers,
Caleb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.