Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alexander - Is the BS a free action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
mb
So my K'tinga cruiser with Alexander on board takes 2 damage and I place a BS counter on the Alexander card. On the next turn I perform a red manoeuvre to flip direction and face USS Voyager that has chased me into this corner.

As I'm nearly dead I would like to use up the BS token to do some extra damage but I have just taken an Aux for the flip and if this was a free action I couldn't accept it. I examine the card and it doesn't say this is an action (free or otherwise) to place the BS token. Were we right to allow Alexander's BS token to be placed on a ship with an Aux present?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Alexander says to move the token during the activation phase there's nothing to stop you moving the token before you move and therefore no conflict would exist since you wouldn't yet have the aux token.

In any case since the card makes no mention of an action I think you could do this even with an aux token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you played it correctly. Effects that place a token directly are somewhat less common than the ones that just give you a free action, but they're very useful because of precisely that sort of situation.

(And then there are ones like Romulan Pilot which, instead of giving you a free scan, lets you place a scan token as a free action, which is sort of the worst of both worlds (but it's still a good card).)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
I believe you are correct for the following reasons

1. Card text does not use the term "as a free action"
2. Card texts tells you to place a token not do "X" action

PS it's really helpful if you include the card text with your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.