9 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Base breaks when power changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
I think I saw this on here but can't find it.

If someone plays a "Before a base scores" card and it changes the Power at the base to be below the breakpoint, does it still score?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
2nd paragraph on page 6 of the rule book:
When a base has been chosen to score, each player first gets to use any Special abilities that happen “before” the base scores. If the total power on a base drops below its breakpoint, you still finish scoring the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Adams
msg tools
mb
Oh OK haha thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I tell people when teaching the game - once the fuse is lit, the base is gonna blow, even if something changes in the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sachin Daniels
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
As I tell people when teaching the game - once the fuse is lit, the base is gonna blow, even if something changes in the process.

the fuse may stop if spy TT use mole to play stasis field. waiting on what happens in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radical Rhino
msg tools
Deuce47 wrote:
lonadar wrote:

the fuse may stop if spy TT use mole to play stasis field. waiting on what happens in that situation.

I thought there was a thread about this, and the base still scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sachin Daniels
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have not seen a consensus or official ruling yet.

here is a thread i found. the lead playtester and person in change of the FAQ looks to be on the side of not scoring.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1155957/mole-stasis-field

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Hurley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It also fits with the rules that something that says you cant trumps something that says you can. Or, "don't score" beats "continue scoring."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sachin Daniels
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the rule that card text beats rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.