Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashley Kennedy
United States
Cleveland
Tn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles in the promotional video look very similar in scale to the Arcadia Quest tiles. I wondered if one could use the tiles together if desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this same question on the KS page, but it's tough to get an answer because every post falls off the first page in a few minutes.

The key question is whether the tiles are the same size. They need the same overall dimensions and, ideally, the same thickness. There's no reason they shouldn't work if those meaurements match. Of course, they have a much lighter, cartoonier feel.

The other question is whether they have substantially different layouts. If they have similar (or identical) layouts, then there's no point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know that there is a size difference. Stylistically, the AQ stuff is more reminiscent to me of Hero Quest... Which certainly brings up the inevitable opportunity to use AQ tiles for your Black Plague dungeon crawls... Heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arydis4 wrote:
The tiles in the promotional video look very similar in scale to the Arcadia Quest tiles. I wondered if one could use the tiles together if desired.

Remember that BP has the secret vault passageway, which can take you to another part of the map, or even to a different map on a second table, which could be made from your AQ tiles! Size differences won't matter, if they aren't mixed together on the same map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Slowfinger
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

The key question is whether the tiles are the same size. They need the same overall dimensions and, ideally, the same thickness. There's no reason they shouldn't work if those meaurements match. Of course, they have a much lighter, cartoonier feel.

Depending on the map you are using (and developing) this shouldn't be a technical problem as the map does not have to be a perfect square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.