Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Need a little help to finish my mousepad mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vog Vogga
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi,

I'd like to print mousepad mat for this game. I borrowed someone's image from bgg files but it lacked transit zone.
So I tried to make it by myself but I don't know what font is that and how to make that outline+shadow, can anyone help?
I'd like to place "transition area" words into gray field.

http://i.imgur.com/XIdOuJc.jpg

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vognar wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to print mousepad mat for this game. I borrowed someone's image from bgg files but it lacked transit zone.
So I tried to make it by myself but I don't know what font is that and how to make that outline+shadow, can anyone help?
I'd like to place "transition area" words into gray field.

http://i.imgur.com/XIdOuJc.jpg

I wasn't able to find the font myself. It's close to comic sans, but not quite.

Here's mine that I did in comic sans,



and you can see that it's kind of close, but not quite there.

The member who made the mat is a user here,
José Rech
Brazil
Santa Cruz do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


You can try to geekmail him, and ask.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vog Vogga
Poland
flag msg tools
yea, I've seen this one but it's not really my style thanks for response

eh, if I dont find a way I will just leave it gray without wording
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vognar wrote:
yea, I've seen this one but it's not really my style thanks for response

eh, if I dont find a way I will just leave it gray without wording
Plain?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vog Vogga
Poland
flag msg tools
nah, it's not that

I just don't like how it all looks so "square'ish?" Prefer the dynamic in my .jpg
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe the font you're looking for is called Komika Axis.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vog Vogga
Poland
flag msg tools
Oh thanks, seems like thats the font but I think that in the original picture it was rotated somehow, I'll try to make it more similar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a little note; WizKids really hasn't been calling it 'transit zone' since the initial blurb about it back in the fall. They call it 'out of play' now http://wizkids.com/rules/MDM3_Rulebook04.27-WEB.pdf seen on page 5.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vog Vogga
Poland
flag msg tools
I decided that im not gonna name it. I'll just leave it gray without wording
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, call it transit, it shows you are old school. Like in Magic, if you called the Prodigal Sorcerer "Tim".

If someone asks you, "what's transit?", then you can respond, "Oh, Are you new?"

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
Nah, call it transit, it shows you are old school. Like in Magic, if you called the Prodigal Sorcerer "Tim".

If someone asks you, "what's transit?", then you can respond, "Oh, Are you new?"



Interrupts, Mana Sources, Summon, Mono-Artifacts, Poly Artifacts, Manaburn, "fizzles" (that one might just be a local one, though). The Orc Discount.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DoubleH wrote:
crambaza wrote:
Nah, call it transit, it shows you are old school. Like in Magic, if you called the Prodigal Sorcerer "Tim".

If someone asks you, "what's transit?", then you can respond, "Oh, Are you new?"



Interrupts, Mana Sources, Summon, Mono-Artifacts, Poly Artifacts, Manaburn, "fizzles" (that one might just be a local one, though). The Orc Discount.
I can confirm that "fizzles" is world wide.

I do have to admit though, Orc Discount is new to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
I do have to admit though, Orc Discount is new to me.


The "Orcish Discount" was in effect for limited period when you played what was printed on the card instead of using the last english printing (or now, whatever shows up in gatherer). Both the Orc cards (Orcish Oriflamme and Orcish Artillery) in Alpha were misprinted as 1R (Instead of 3R and 1RR, respectively), making them cheaper if you had that particular printing. Whether this is apocryphal or not is unknown to me, as I wasn't an active player at that time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.