Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The family christmas party is this weekend, and they are going to bring out "christmas bingo." Ugh. Is there a game that will engage 12 people ranging from 5-65 other than paintball? A christmas werewolf variant?

I will be bring the following games, but none of them involve everyone at once.

1. tumbling dice
2. hey that's my fish
3. hive
4. can't stop
5. liar's dice

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could try Take it Easy! - it even has a Bingo-esque feel to it, but the entire family will be able to play it at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could combine two sets of Twilight Imperium 3rd ed. and have a massive 12 player game!

...maybe that wouldn't work...

Christmas themed Werewolf sounds cool. Maybe instead of a werewolf, it's an evil little elf who got kicked out of the North pole and eats children, the players represent children in a family, and each round is a different Christmas. The children somehow know that one of them is the evil elf, and every year, they roast the one they suspect and eat him/her for Christmas dinner.

Or maybe not. Maybe Christmas-werewolf could be people trying to figure out who is acting as a 'secret Santa' and giving everyone gifts! Each game round is one of the 12 days of Christmas, and when someone is left a gift in the night, they are so gleeful that they leave the group to enjoy their gift. The remaining people pick who they think is the 'secret Santa' and they all keep watch over him/her the next night; if it is the 'secret Santa,' the people win, if it isn't, the suspected person finds that he/she was left a gift in the night! It's a merry, jolly, Christmassy version of Werewolf! And no one dies or gets eaten!
It could be called "Are you a Secret Santa?" or something like that. The Seer character would be the little kid who explores the house in the middle of the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aarontu wrote:
You could combine two sets of Twilight Imperium 3rd ed. and have a massive 12 player game!

...maybe that wouldn't work...

Christmas themed Werewolf sounds cool. Maybe instead of a werewolf, it's an evil little elf who got kicked out of the North pole and eats children, the players represent children in a family, and each round is a different Christmas. The children somehow know that one of them is the evil elf, and every year, they roast the one they suspect and eat him/her for Christmas dinner.

Or maybe not. Maybe Christmas-werewolf could be people trying to figure out who is acting as a 'secret Santa' and giving everyone gifts! Each game round is one of the 12 days of Christmas, and when someone is left a gift in the night, they are so gleeful that they leave the group to enjoy their gift. The remaining people pick who they think is the 'secret Santa' and they all keep watch over him/her the next night; if it is the 'secret Santa,' the people win, if it isn't, the suspected person finds that he/she was left a gift in the night! It's a merry, jolly, Christmassy version of Werewolf! And no one dies or gets eaten!
It could be called "Are you a Secret Santa?" or something like that. The Seer character would be the little kid who explores the house in the middle of the night.

hm... I was thinking the opposite, maybe with copyright infingements here, the Grinch who stole christmas. Each day, the grinch steals one present and that person, kid, goes to the town center and cries, or something like that. The town's people of Whovile must figure out who is the Grinch that is hiding amongst the kids. I'm not sure who would be the seer type, Cindy Loo Who maybe? Other Dr. Seuss variants may apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFinger wrote:
You could try Take it Easy! - it even has a Bingo-esque feel to it, but the entire family will be able to play it at the same time.

Not that light of a game. But it definitely scales if you have enough sets.

I figured I'd just show up for Christmas Eve. I might play a game with my family if we start early enough.

But now that you mention it I think I might get an easy game of Haggle going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.