United States
Des Plaines
IL
flag msg tools
There is no rest for the wicked...
badge
...and I am so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT announced that PoF was pulled from the P500 list at the request of the designer. IIt sounds like he is shopping around his design. Don't know when we'll see this title in publication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
It is now with Compass Games:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@537.egCRc7M6xqU.19@.1dd0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Sancy
Belgium
Zaventem
B
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Well, am I supposed to enjoy this news ? Or have the feeling that I'm not so lucky with my preorders ? I remember that the designer of "To the last man", one of the other games I was expecting to be released wrote recently :
Quote:
"[the game] has been delayed until 2008 at the very earliest. Although the game is ready to be published, Compass Games needs to design, develop, and playtest other card games in their lineup in order to allow for a sufficiently large print run. This will keep the card production costs down to an acceptable level.

I'm not so sure that all the people who preordered this one at GMT will automatically switch to Compass. Wait and see.
Renaud had probably good reasons to do so, and not only the geographical proximity. Anyway, it's not my business. Don't know the terms of the deal, but GMT's reaction seems as classy as their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Horn
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rumor I heard (and that's all it is) is that GMT had a problem with issuing PoF so soon after releasing For the People (2nd Ed). Makes sense, though, that they would be loathe to release two games with such similar subject matter and scope so close to each other. I'm still interested, though, and will probably still buy it when it comes out. In the meantime, there is always A House Divided for a simple, strategic ACW game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.