Subject: Balancing Representatives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Kemenj
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mb
So...me and my group don't like representatives for a 2 reasons.

First - Some races that are already overpowered (race abilities) and after gaining significant bonus (both race techs and Flagships) they still got MORE positive bonuses via Representatives. Just compare some races with others and u'll see.

Second - It's maybe too much to lose voting in senate,after you lost all off yours representatives...but...lets say that i'm OK with that,but just look at 2 races representatives Yin and Yissaril. Ok for Yssaril to be without bodyguard,couse they are spies,right? And they are top tier race but why YIN???
Thematically they are race of clones that are suffering from degeneration and thats THE ONLY reason why they don't have any of protectors (bodyguard). But guys...they are mediocore race with not so great race techs (more bad than good) and only offensive abilities.

What i wanted with this post is for you guys to give any suggestions to change some abilities of some representatives,twik some of them,make new ones for some representatives that does not fit in thematic of a certain race and so on...

Please guys i want your opinion on this theme. Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Kemenj
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mb
So guys don't tell me that nobody have any idea for some Representatives balancing,cause is obvious that they have some issue.

Anyone any idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really hard to balance anything in TI3, because there are so many moving parts and optional elements. And, as others have argued elsewhere, the game is fun for many players because of the inherent imbalances. Lastly, I don't have any real numbers here, but my sense is that Representatives are the least popular option from Shards of the Throne, so there aren't probably a lot of people interested in tweaking them.

Regardless, you'll get more responses if you propose fixes of your own for peer review, rather than just putting out a generic call for action. Those who have ideas to change Representatives already have done so. A quick search yielded these, but there are probably more:

Simple House Rules to fix Arborec and Yssaril Representatives
Twilight Council + Representatives
Consolidated Politial Intrigue (Representative) variants/discussions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consolidated Politial Intrigue (Representative) variants/discussions This is the thread you are looking for...I went through every single page and collected every single suggestion on balancing reps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
Balance issues are part of the game. Some races are better then others from the start as is the same for Flagships and Representatives. I do not think I would want them all balanced as that is part of the beauty of TI3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.