Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules clearly state that the paratrooper supply markers and units may be placed in any hex. So, perhaps this isn't really a rules question, but should the supply and units be allowed to land on forest hexes? Maybe the scale is large enough that this isn't a big deal, but to me, parachutes plus trees equals bad things. I'm new to WW2 wargaming, but do other games generally allow this?

Are the "paratroop supply area markers" only markers, or are they also units. This matters for stacking, but I presume the former is correct.

All in all, this a very good game. Although I still don't see myself getting into wargaming much beyond blockgames, this is a great first taste of the cardboard and CRT side of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Glen.

I also agree it's a good game, but I can't work out how to win as the Allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Glen also. I play that the supply markers can be placed anywhere on the board.

As far as winning with the allies, I just assault Arnhem with everything as soon as possible and wait for the armored columns to make it up the road.
If you wait for the Germans to place any more units around Arnhem it's almost impossible to take.

Then if you make it just hold out in the city units you can get help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Maybe the scale is large enough that this isn't a big deal, but to me, parachutes plus trees equals bad things.

The scale is fairly large, so you have to assume that part of the hex has enough clearings to allow the drop.

Quote:
I'm new to WW2 wargaming, but do other games generally allow this?

Depends upon the game (read "designer opinion"); some do, some don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Johnson
United States
Seguin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the oppisate experience, The Allies never lose!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rafael garcia
Spain
barcelona
barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the paratroop can occupied the supply hex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
> the paratroop can occupied the supply hex?

Not only can they, but they must to protect them from the Germans. As noted above, the supply markers don't count for stacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they can. Normally you will start with the paratroopers landing on their supply hex. Otherwise, their supply will be vulnerable to Germans destroying it, or it will limit the range for the paratroopers (since paratrooper supply only reaches 2 hexes). Remember that the supply counter does not count toward the unit stacking limit, as mentioned earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.