Gabriele Mauri
Switzerland
Gentilino
Ticino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

How can you play the game in two teams of 2 persons each? Would you simply go clue after clue by alternating teams and every team reads out loud the clue? Then when one team is ready simply replies the answers secretly and the other team continues to play?

Many thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
My recommendation would be that the four of you play together - you already have a very hard opponent to beat - Holmes himself!

However, if you really want to play against each other, your way sounds reasonable. You could use the game's scoring system, not including the subtractions for not being as good as Sherlock himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Watson
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try one of the cases as a strict co-op first. I think you'll find that the game is too difficult as it is to warrant adding a new difficulty level with multiple teams. It's a fun game, but not the kind that you'll want to add complexity to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the previous comments. This game is very hard without adding a competitive element to make it even harder. Also, however, your suggested way of playing has a significant problem - this game is all about discussing and talking and working out the solution together. If you have two teams of two competing how will that work, as obviously the other team will hear everything you say?

If you try to play in two teams you may find you accidently slip into playing cooperatively anyhow, as you will all be talking through your ideas, listening to each other, and building on each other's points. Unless of course each team sits in a different room, but at that point you may begin to wonder why you are bothering as you may as well play it separately.

Cooperatively, in a group of 2 to 4 people, would definitely be the best way of playing it. If you play a few cases like that and find it too easy then you could consider some kind of competitive set-up, and perhaps a Mensa application as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Mauri
Switzerland
Gentilino
Ticino
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Will definetly try to play than at least one co-op first and then decide if I really want to embark into 2vs2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.