BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Gaming with normal adults... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Webber
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - this is a slightly off topic question.

I am running an event on military planning..

It has a number of non military attendees.

I need some sort of "simulation experience" to simulate the effect of their planning..

Anyone have any ideas for

1) a game that doesn't use dice or cards, and could take inputs such as well drilled, rested, in prepared positions, etc

2) would be transparent (and no umpire fiat...)

3) would be easy to explain to non gamers - (3 minutes tops - a side of paper..

4) must be usable in Pike and shot and horse and musket genre..

thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not off-topic at all as far as I can tell.

This might be good topic also at the wargamers forum: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/743498/wargames/general

I regret having no suggestions because when you add "military" to gaming the complexity tends to curve upward like a moonshot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest maybe the game Ranger but I see you already have that in your collection so I assume that's not going to work.

The only thing I can think of that might possibly be of help is King & Assassins?

In this game there are three hidden assassins amongst a bunch of villagers positioned throughout a village. You must move your King and troops through the village and prevent the king from being killed. All of the pieces are in plain sight. Some blocking your path, some on the roofs, etc. and you need to determine how to move and use your troops to clear a path for the king. You can arrest and kill the villagers/assassins but have a limited ability to do so, so you have to plan your movements and determine the risk/reward for using your abilities.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools

No, you're not off topic, but I might be...

Where did you find "normal" adults?
This is not a breed I'm familiar with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tanik wrote:

BGG is filled with normal adults. Its when you leave here, that you encounter strange adults that don't seem to enjoy gaming... I'd hardly call them "normal".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
gamesbook wrote:
tanik wrote:

BGG is filled with normal adults. Its when you leave here, that you encounter strange adults that don't seem to enjoy gaming... I'd hardly call them "normal".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.