Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

For those that already don't know me, i am the conceptor of the PBF Game Manager you can find in the files section of Cthulhu Wars Forum.
For those that follows the debate about the wave 2 of Cthulhu Wars, i am one the biggest advocate for an Event Cards deck in Cthulhu wars.

So :
- i am finishing the work of designing such a deck: a earlier version can be seen among the variants in the variant section of the forum: this version will integrate a rule book (The forthcoming rulebook will contain some design considerations to help understand my way.
)and in an Excel file all event cards in high resolution (so that anyone willing to print them could do so with a professional quality of print).

BUT also, i am integrating this variant in the next version of the PBF game manager.

SO i will update sooon the PBF manager so that every one interested in the event cards deck can try it and test it in PBF games.
I will directly launch soon one or two game to test this variant (probably one in french and on in english).

The purpose is to test this cards to help improvment of this variant.

The idea of these test games is to gather practical remarks easing the improvment of this variant.

People interested in two futures tests games can enlist here for the english-speaking table.

I will launch these games as soon as the Final Table of the First PBF league is over.

Cthulhu Ftaghn !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in joining. What expansions are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be interested as well. Only problem I have is that I have never done a PBF at all. If that's acceptable, count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm game, I'll be your Guinea pig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is room, I too would be interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hastur666 wrote:
If there is room, I too would be interested

PBF test game of Event cards deck will be played with 5 players on the Earth Map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
I'd be interested in joining. What expansions are you using?

All factions from the expansions will be playable.
About neutral units, my rule will allow a mix between neutral GOOs and monsters classically available at the doom phase and neutral units coming from the event cards directly (among them some units are my own creation but still in the myth of course like the Color fallen from the Sky).
PBF Games will be launch once the final table of the league is finished. I hope to upload rulebook here a little while before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric G.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Ben !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teng Lim
msg tools
I'm also interested to get in on one of these games, though I haven't played in a PBF yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Hill
Japan
NerimaKu
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, since I've already played a lot of PBF games, I'm willing to give my spot if needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Ben, since I've already played a lot of PBF games, I'm willing to give my spot if needed

In fact, that's the reason i want you in a game: because your experience of the game will be precious to help the tuning of this variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bengougou75 wrote:

In fact, that's the reason i want you in a game: because your experience of the game will be precious to help the tuning of this variant

So I'm still in ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bengougou75 wrote:
Pitpipo wrote:

In that event, I'll bow out if you need more experienced PBF players. I have never done a PBF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sakerio wrote:
bengougou75 wrote:
Pitpipo wrote:

In that event, I'll bow out if you need more experienced PBF players. I have never done a PBF.

I schedule to do 2 games so there is room for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just posted the rules v1.0 of this variant. As i can't upload big files, i will upload images of my fan-made cards one by one in my images section... and i will then post links to them.
I am also updating the PBF Tool Manager but again it's not so easy its weight in memory is becoming big...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here are image of the event cards in high-res in my own gallery:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.