United States
culver city
CA
flag msg tools
Check out my class: https://www.canvas.net/courses/game-design-concepts
badge
How are you today?
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there rules for gift exchange auction rules?

We are going to have a company dinner and we are going to have a gift exchange. Are the some kind of auction rules so we can have interesting gift exchange.

May be use pennies in fixed amounts like Ra or something. Does something like this exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
The best rules I've ever used aren't an auction, but a fun "white elephant" gift exchange anyway.

First, the gifts shouldn't be very good. Mostly re-gifts of present you got last year but didn't want. Just wrap them up to look nice and bring them along.

Then, everybody picks a number. #1 goes first.

Each person, in turn *FIRST* picks a gift and opens it. *THEN* they can choose between keeping their gift, or doing a "forced exchange" with somebody who has a lower number. *THEN* the next person gets their turn.

This is the most fun if people treat it like a competition and get laughs out of forcing lousy exchanges on other people. Once I was somewhere where everybody was too polite, "Oh, you like that Charlie Brown soundtrack CD? OK, then I'll keep my santa claus potholders, no that's OK, I wouldn't want to leave you stuck with these..." and it became really boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.