Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I have a question about this ability for the Muckers.

2(D10), 1(FD), 2(1(flame)), 5(to hit)

Instruments of Suffering: 2 attacks on 1 target, range:1melee, 1 damage/hit

I am not sure what this means...

Does it mean that he rolls 2(D10) twice?

or

Does it mean that he rolls 2(D10) just once and anything that is 5 or higher hits? (could be one hit, at most two)

Thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
my_game wrote:
Hello I have a question about this ability for the Muckers.

2(D10), 1(FD), 2(1(flame)), 5(to hit)

Instruments of Suffering: 2 attacks on 1 target, range:1melee, 1 damage/hit

I am not sure what this means...

Does it mean that he rolls 2(D10) twice?

or

Does it mean that he rolls 2(D10) just once and anything that is 5 or higher hits? (could be one hit, at most two)

Thank you for your help.

This can be confusing. Random and I have an upcoming video explaining monster attacks (with Myth 2.0 content).

Anyhow... The Mucker has 2 separate attacks on a single target.

Roll the 2 d10's and 1 FD once, and interpret the damage on that single target (5 or higher on either d10). NOTE: this is a damage per hit monster. Each d10 greater than 5 causes 1 damage.

Then roll the same dice pool a second time.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually MM, 1 damage per hit is 1 damage as long as one die is a success. If both dice are successes, it changes nothing.
If it were damage per success, than yes, each die could do 1 damage.

About the Mucker's attack, and most other "big" enemies, here's how I explained it in a previous

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19317811#19317811

Edit : and I'm jealous you've got some 2.0 cards, I'm waiting on those for my second series of videos on Myth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Actually MM, 1 damage per hit is 1 damage as long as one die is a success. If both dice are successes, it changes nothing.
If it were damage per success, than yes, each die could do 1 damage.

About the Mucker's attack, and most other "big" enemies, here's how I explained it in a previous

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19317811#19317811

Edit : and I'm jealous you've got some 2.0 cards, I'm waiting on those for my second series of videos on Myth...

You are correct, Remi (adjusted my original post). That's what I get for answering quickly. Even us veterans can get confused.

Shows how close the "per success" and "per hit" descriptions are. angry

I haven't seen how the 2.0 Monster cards represent the "per success" condition, so I don't know how much better they are differentiating between these two abilities. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
You are correct, Remi (adjusted my original post). That's what I get for answering quickly. Even us veterans can get confused.

It's an interesting situation. Even collaborating with various experienced players and Megacon Games employees directly, it's amazing how many of us have needed clarifications on all of the rules. Even the most seasoned players are saying, "Oh. That's now how I've played that."

I think these threads and videos are a way to get everyone on the same page and in any form, are a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.