Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Fraser
Canada
Whitecourt
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well last night we pulled out a new game for our group of Hart an der Grenze. At first glance it looks like it is going to be a nice light game of boarder crossing, bribes and inspections.

After we had the rules explained to all of us,(there were 4 playing).
I had the honor of being the sheriff and my job is to listen to all the people passing the boarder declare what Legal goods they have in there suitcases and then pick someone for inspection. My first mistake of the game came when I went to search one of the players suitcases and they bribed me with 7 dollars and like a money hunger animal I took the cash. only to find out later that there was 3 Illegal goods (tequila) in that case. I had an option to search someone else with the extra inspection maker but with 3 rounds I saved it.

The sheriff badge was passed to the next played and when all the declaring was over, I was the unlucky smuggler to be picked. I tried to make a bribe but there was no way that she was taking the cash. So I got searched and lost 2 cigar's and 1 tequila.

The sheriff badge was passed agian and the round continued this is the time I picked up 5 legal goods and put them all in my suitcase. I declaired the goods but he thought I was lying, well I wasn't and the bank had to pay me for making a illegal search, that worked out well I made a bunch of cash- it pays to tell the truth once in a while.

With that round over The new sheriff took over and searched one of the players. The sheriff made a good call- finding 2 cigar's and 1 statue. Well that hurt him as he had to pay the fine to the bank.

Round 1 over 2 more to go.

We had to pick three goods to stash under the suitcase for the remainder of the game that the sheriff did not seize and sell the rest back to the bank for cold hard cash.

By now everyone had a good understanding on what to do in this game and the next 2 rounds are played the same way and went by pretty quick. Now everyone had 9 cards under their suitcases after the third round.

Now the big money comes into play with the selling for these goods-legal and illegal good cards. Inside the suitcase is a chart picturing the number of each good to be sold for double versus the number of players in the game. So I had stocked up on cigar's(4) and tequila(4) with 1 sombrero. I had the most cigar's and tequila and did get paid for the 1 sombrero, I had just made alot of money at the end of the game and there was realy nobody close to beating me.

Now the Big Key to this game is the old saying of Nice Poker Face. Some people have a hard time in lying and keeping a straight face. Now everyone was having a good time but it is hard to be serious when declairing what you put in your suitcase with the sheriff staring. I have to admit there was alot of laughing going on and I have learned that nobody trust nobody in this game.

I have to say that this is going to be a fun game to bring out with 4 to 6 people and can not wait to play it again.

I have to give this game a nice 7.7/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.