Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff James
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
My wife and I have recently been trying out a 2-player variant of Tichu that I came up with for a nice pick-up and play challenge when on the go.

Each player starts with 17 cards and the goal is simply to go out first (no scoring involved). If you pass, you MUST draw a card from the deck.

The cool thing about this is that all of the special cards still function well (For the Dog, you have to pass the lead to your opponent!), and tactically it can benefit you to pass at times if you're looking for a card to fill a gap (or you draw the Dog or a 2 and it sinks you!).

It's really fun and has become a favorite of ours when we want to sit down and play a game without much setup needed. Try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Spence
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I AM A TICHU PURIST! I am angry and I haven't even rationalized it yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah ...
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't already you should post this in Tichu's forums under variants … then more people specifically looking for a variant idea for two player Tichu will find it easier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff James
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Done! Thanks, I'm still a bit new at these forums. Still meandering thru the waters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah ...
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Tichu otherwise I'd try it out as I'm always interested in two player variants.... But hopefully more people will find it now! Hope you continue to enjoy using BGG there are all sorts of fun helpful things to eventually find while exploring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Spence
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sahrinoa wrote:
I don't have Tichu otherwise I'd try it out as I'm always interested in two player variants.... But hopefully more people will find it now! Hope you continue to enjoy using BGG there are all sorts of fun helpful things to eventually find while exploring

You can play Tichu with a standard deck of cards. Just mark the 2 jokers and the other 2 garbage cards with DOG, PHOENIX, MAHJONG and DRAGON. It's kinda ghetto but it gives you a good idea if you'll enjoy it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.