5 Posts

VivaJava: The Coffee Game: The Dice Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Short supply and research boost. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, just playing our 2nd game, and we've chosen the house mat, what's the point of the short supply technology? Why would i want to choose that one? Also when you get the research boost does the token stay there on the track until it is complete? And when it gets to X2 do you add another token to another track or do you get X2 RP, of the 1st chosen track? Thanks.
Edit. Shared research, is this optional or do you have to do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Short Supply gives you 7 points to complete. And when you complete research tracks you score points and no longer use the ability of the track, which in this case is a bad ability.

The Research Boost token stays until either the player's track is complete OR you complete the Research Boost track. And when you get to the 2X, you Gain another token to place on a track.

Shared Research in not optional.

Thanks for playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks very much for the reply. As I was playing I realised that once I'd got the short supply to complete the track asap, I'm right in thinking you can't make any blends with the short supply activated, as your only rolling 4/3 dice?
Oh just thought, unless you get a couple of flavour dice the round before? Is Thais correct? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, very true on both points. Flavor can help, but you're pretty much stuck researching as fast as possible, which is risky, but less so later in the game with a few dice-manipulation abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Shared Research must be executed if it is available?

Good thing to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.