GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,406 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
89 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Up Front» Forums » General

Subject: Up Front Errata cards now available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
msg tools
The UF errata cards are now available at Wargame Vault. Each errata card size has it's own product page, as well as being available as a bundle of both decks and has also been included in the Complete Game Bundle.

The Action Errata deck has 18 cards that include the 17 cards that needed fixed, and also an extra Range/Vs AFV card.

The Personality Errata/Optional deck has 20 cards that include the single personality card that needed fixed, plus 19 new optional cards that can be substituted for some counters. We used some suggestions from David Hassell in one of the UF threads here and came up with these cards. We hope you will find them useful, and welcome any comments, additions or improvements we can make to them.

Those who have already purchased our Up Front products know that we can't produce normal cardboard punch out counters at this time, but we CAN make pretty good cards. With these two different optional cards, you can do away with about a half sheet of the most often used counters.

We have offered them in this way for more than one reason.

First and foremost, each card product must be of the same size cards and an even number for our print shop production, so, two decks with an even number of cards. Only in a bundle can we mix product formats.

Presently we are not updating the regular Action/Personality decks automatically with these cards, but we may be able to do that in the near future. It's complicated, please don't speculate or ask. Good luck with that, right?

We also did this to be consistent with the rest of the Up Front products we offer, you can buy want you want/need.

As always, please let us know what you think and want. We hope you like them!

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JUst a quick question, the Action deck does not include the errata Action cards, Correct? So I'd have to order both to get the corrected cards into my new Action deck.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Quick answer, yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice that you are offering this. The $6 (+$3 shipping) bundle of both eratta is a great deal.

Out of curiosity, would I be correct that there's a legal rather than physical reason why you are selling this separately rather than just having the corrected cards in the regular bundle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jarvis
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done like dinner!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I took the time to find it, I figure this might save others':

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/151037/Up-Front-2nd-ed-E...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Doh! Thanks for posting the link!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done! And thanks John Connors for the link and saving us from Skynet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered....Thanks for posting this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hassell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm flattered and honored that you took my suggestions for using the mini cards as counter replacements. Hopefully others will find them useful as well.

You guys are amazing.

Next stop: Peace in the Middle East!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artillery magnet
msg tools
Thanks so much for offering this. Quick question, I was able to purchase the entire set from Artscow before the purge. Will the counters available at WGV work with that set? Thanks!
Cheers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve. I already ordered the errata cards (after earlier ordering the reprint cards), and it's amazing to think that we now have available a better version of UF than AH ever offered. On to the expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Steve(s) just a whisper in your ear(s).....

.....Attack Sub....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve - ordered!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Pipersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Pasha wrote:
Hey Steve(s) just a whisper in your ear(s).....

.....Attack Sub....

...but above the whisper, there is a scream of Banzai!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carrington
msg tools
Hooray for these cards! Mine are on order.

Now for Banzai and Desert Way, pleeaaase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lower
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I love a game of Up Front. Thanks WV!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered both decks!

I took a Sharpie to the single Personality card and fixed it. But then I thought, "Ah, what the heck... it is only an extra $3". So I picked up both decks.

They are all sleeved up and ready for play. Now I am waiting for the GMT counter blanks to show up. Then it will be time to do some stickering and clipping. I'm so pleased that Wargame Vault is doing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna take the plunge on the WGV reprint, but I just wanted to check in with y'all and make sure — this is the bundle which features the complete game (based on what WGV has reprinted to date) AND the errata cards, yes?

I've read through the product description twice, and it would seem that this includes the new errata decks, but I figured why take the risk when you can call on the aid of your fellow geeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hassell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lugburz wrote:
Gonna take the plunge on the WGV reprint, but I just wanted to check in with y'all and make sure — this is the bundle which features the complete game (based on what WGV has reprinted to date) AND the errata cards, yes?

I've read through the product description twice, and it would seem that this includes the new errata decks, but I figured why take the risk when you can call on the aid of your fellow geeks.

This is correct: you do get the complete basic game (no Banzai/Desert War expansions) and the errata cards for the basic game (the German PC card and the Action Deck errata replacements).

PLUS!!! If you act NOW, you'll also get a set of steak knives ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! And you know it's legit, because I typed portions of that in ALL CAPS!!

Act now! Operators are standing by...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davidlhsl wrote:
Lugburz wrote:

This is correct: you do get the complete basic game (no Banzai/Desert War expansions) and the errata cards for the basic game (the German PC card and the Action Deck errata replacements).

PLUS!!! If you act NOW, you'll also get a set of steak knives ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! And you know it's legit, because I typed portions of that in ALL CAPS!!

Thanks! Expecting the following in the mail; will accept no substitutions:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
Wargame Vault reserves the right to substitute our substitute counter cards for the steak knives in this offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidlhsl wrote:
Lugburz wrote:

That can't be all! Certainly the offer must include a high absorption yellow towel. And a 2nd Action Deck totally free (pay separate S/H of only $2.50 per card). And can we get that in an easy payment program of just $7.67/month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
That can't be all!

Unfortunately, no -- that won't be all. Up Front actually being reprinted is a clear sign of the Apocalypse. We'll all get more than we bargained for when the world bursts into flames, or the aliens arrive, etc. Maybe they actually own the rights.

Remember this phrase -- "Steve did it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.