George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The subject says it all..... just confused after 1st game because Old Abe and Rebel Yell explicitly say "the Combat die" and this card doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's just the combat die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Grant.

Reading through consimworld folder confirms what you say without actually spelling it out. A lot of "I was counting on Blue Mountain Boys to win at Chattanooga (or Atlanta)." An additional strength point or two wouldn't cause all the excitement, but a +1 to the red die roll is big!

Just wish the wording on the cards was more consistent.

Does anyone out there play it differently?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George, if you're ever interested i VASSAL PBEM of this game, drop me a PM. Me and another fan I found here are on our 4th PBEM game now and it's been terrific, a different game every time due to the card play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great offer, Grant!

I have to admit that I don't know how to do vassal (or Skype), but I am a relatively quick learner. I think what intimidates me with vassal is creating, saving and sending files for the moves, and making sure I'm downloading the right files. I'm more wargame literate than computer literate!

When I figure it out, I'd love to play - this game, Band of Brothers, Hold the Line, Combat Commander, and any of the Borg games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.