United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason it appears that in a geeklist, there's at least one case I just ran across where the name of the game has been shortened.

See

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17914/page/5

Item #121

It's displayed as simply "Twilight Imperium". However the full name (and as displayed using the BGG "gameid" tag):

Twilight Imperium

I believe in the case of this game that there are big differences between the editions (at least 1st and 3rd).

Would be nice if in geeklists it displayed the full name.

For what it's worth, it also gives the shortened name back in the XML API for geeklists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The entry for the game is listed as Twilight Imperium. I moved the (First Edition) tag to the alternate name field, since it's really not part of the game title, and the 2d and 3d editions are noted as such. (e.g. Twilight Imperium (Second Edition) and Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)). As far as I know, there is never an instance where a geeklist would display a shorter name than what is listed in the game's entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
The entry for the game is listed as Twilight Imperium. I moved the (First Edition) tag to the alternate name field, since it's really not part of the game title, and the 2d and 3d editions are noted as such. (e.g. Twilight Imperium (Second Edition) and Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)). As far as I know, there is never an instance where a geeklist would display a shorter name than what is listed in the game's entry.

Hmm, assuming you just changed that today, it must have been a cache issue as when I posted the base post, the geeklist was showing just "Twilight Imperium", while the game entry showed "Twilight Imperium (First Edition)" (and no alternate names at that time).

So all looks ok now then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.