Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the final battle against Nyarlathotep, you have to pass a test of lose a clue. Now does this interact with Roland's ability of gaining a clue every turn he has no clues, and does it make him invincible against Nyarlathotep? In these situations, would it be best to ignore the investigator's ability or have an anticlimactic ending? I would like to know what the community thinks on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there was a "you can't gain clues during final combat" ruling, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a direct quote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there was such a ruling. I noticed a loophole in final combat against Nyarlathotep and I pushed hard to make it an official rule, and it is one now, thanks to the super-FAQ.

In fact, I remember reading an early draft of that FAQ and getting super excited when I saw the ruling in there.

For completeness's sake I also disallow investigators from gaining Lurker's Power tokens during final combat to avoid issues with Yig and Ithaqua and Hastur (spending them is still okay) but I don't recall if that became an official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Mathieson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing that, I will now use that rule in my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.