Chris Darsaklis
Greece
Peristeri, Athens
-
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this game by accident and it caught my attention. Can i find the rules anywhere or a more detailed description of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris,

Thanks for your interest in the game. I updated the game summary and updated the game cover image today. If you're interested in reading through the prealpha version of the rules, they're here --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4d5focjkmjpg9n/RollPlayer_Rules_1...

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darsaklis
Greece
Peristeri, Athens
-
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well i gave a glimpse at the rules and i think the game is so good as i had thought. Very clever and unique mechanism and idea. But as i was reading and imagining the game i felt like it ended without the great ''boom''.

I know that you probably didn't understand what i just said... So i will make it clear.

I enjoyed the idea of preparing the heroes and manipulating the dice to get the best prepared hero but... then what? I felt the need for a conclusion to all these just like a big battle to prove that my hero was not only best prepared but also the best in action.
For example the counting of the stars (victory points) can be translated into a great battle in which the stars are the blood that the enemy shed, or the enemies slain and all these without changing the game at all. Just the final scoring transformed as the final battle.

I am sorry for my english and thanks again for your time.
As i said in the beginning the game is great, and all above was my personal opinion. Maybe i'm too thematic .

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, Chris.

This game is focused just on the creation of the characters. Not the questing or killing monsters. I'm sure we all know there are many game that do that (Descent, Mice and Mystics, Imperial Assault, Doom, Super Dungeon Explore, etc ..). Roll Player is trying to do something different with the high fantasy theme than other games have in the past. And fit it into a "euro" game style environment.

Thanks again for the interest. I should be releasing more images/materials in the next month. Lots of cool stuff coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darsaklis
Greece
Peristeri, Athens
-
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the problem when i write and i don't want to be misunderstood. Of course these games you mentioned are different.
All i wanted to say is that the game is very good and no change need to be done. But i would love to see not stars (artwork) but spills of blood (artwork).

But forget everything i said. I read the rules again and now i see that the stars are actually reputation stars which fits just fine.

Once again, great idea and i can't wait to see more of this game.

Wish you the best,
chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries!

The art team is the same as I used on Bullfrogs. It's coming together really well. I can't wait to start showing ya all the cool stuff coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.