Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have an "Owned and Unrated" or "Owned and Unplayed" listing in the statistics for quick reference.

In case it's unclear, I mean the list that you access but going to your account page and clicking on the "Stats" tab. Currently includes:

Top Rated Games
Largest Disparities in Ratings
Games Owned By Year
Games Owned By Designer
Games Owned By Publisher
Overrated Games
Underrated Games
Five & Dimes
Played and Unrated
Played and Uncommented
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can roll your own for this in your collection playing with the filters (and saving a View). The following link shows your owned games that are unrated. (If you record your plays, which it seems you don't, you can include that as well.)

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/SaraCV?geekran...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, you certainly do record your plays. It's just that you have no unrated played games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. I know there are ways to get the list myself (I currently mark these games as "want to play" so I can access the list easily), but the fact that this statistics section exists, and owned but unplayed games are a category I know a number of my friends care about, I think this addition would make it more helpful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaraCV wrote:
Thanks for the response. I know there are ways to get the list myself (I currently mark these games as "want to play" so I can access the list easily), but the fact that this statistics section exists, and owned but unplayed games are a category I know a number of my friends care about, I think this addition would make it more helpful!

A couple of thoughts on this. It so happens that I also find that particular view useful. I have a link in my quickbar for that. However, that doesn't mean it belongs with the "stats". Primarily, things in "stats" are aggregated information across all user's data, not something specific to a user. So per-collection-derivable inforatmion doesn't "belong" there.

Second, "useful" is subjective, so while you and I find "owned and unrated" useful, that may not be the case for a lot of users.

Third, having redundant places to obtain info (assuming one isn't a link to the other) opens up software maintenance issues. Adding a link under "stats" to a pre-filtered view of your collection would avoid that, but it's weird from a site navigation point of view. (And definitely I don't want to see it become unavailable from the collection page).

I'd refine your suggestion to: "please provide a pre-created View on the collection page for this".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaysachs wrote:
Primarily, things in "stats" are aggregated information across all user's data, not something specific to a user. So per-collection-derivable inforatmion doesn't "belong" there.

You might be talking about a different "stats" section because 7 of the 10 links that are currently available are simply links to different collection views of that particular user. For example, the first link is "Top Rated Games" and brings you to your collection, sorted by your rating.

jaysachs wrote:
Second, "useful" is subjective, so while you and I find "owned and unrated" useful, that may not be the case for a lot of users.

I assume that is exactly why there is a suggestions forum, so that users like me can post suggestions that they find useful and the admins can decide if they are worth implementing.

jaysachs wrote:
Third, having redundant places to obtain info (assuming one isn't a link to the other) opens up software maintenance issues. Adding a link under "stats" to a pre-filtered view of your collection would avoid that, but it's weird from a site navigation point of view. (And definitely I don't want to see it become unavailable from the collection page).

Using the example above, sorting my collection by rating is possibly the easiest view of my collection through the collection page, so the redundancy is obviously not a concern with these links. Instead, the "stats" page is mostly a list of links to pre-filtered views.

jaysachs wrote:
I'd refine your suggestion to: "please provide a pre-created View on the collection page for this".

Ok, if you really have a problem with my wording...

I would love to have an "Owned and Unrated" or "Owned and Unplayed" link added to the list of pre-filtered collection views under the "stats" tab of my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.