Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I just recently noticed this game and checked it out. It looks pretty interesting and I am considering picking one up for Christmas.

I have a question:

In the instructional video "VIKTORY II Bombard & Regular Attacks Explained", after the attacks are completed, the player reinforces his cities according to the pieces that it can support. That I understand.

My confusion comes from the reinforcement of the green cities next to the red Frigate floating out in the water. Should you not be able to reinforce those cities since they are adjacent to a enemy unit?

I was wondering if the video is wrong or am I misunderstanding the rules. It seems like that situation would come up frequently and would be a focus of contention among my gaming group if we watch the instruction videos first.

The confusion is over this rule

[13.2] Adjacent Enemy Units Restriction
While an enemy military (land or naval) unit is adjacent to your Town or City, you cannot place units there.

The only exception could be, since the frigate is empty, that it does not count as an enemy combatant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I agree - both the mountains city (just captured) and the forest city - should NOT have received reinforcements due to adjacency with the frigates. That's they way we play.

The only exception - one can always reinforce one's capital with any type and number of units. Neither of the cities above is the capital - so it appears to be a mistake in the video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Morrison
United States
Lumberton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Definite mistake in the video. If an enemy frigate is adjacent to your town/city, you can't reinforce.

In the next few days, I hope to post some new flash videos that actually have the problem corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick responses. Also, congratulations on the game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.