Queen's Architect» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tavern Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gibson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hi - we played Queen's Architect for the first time last night & enjoyed it. We couldn't figure out how the tavern worked though. The way we played it last night was as such:

You paid your money to let your guilds into the tavern. Each member of the guild was set back one turn.

And that was it. Everyone in the tavern was fully available for whatever action the next turn, and everyone was available to go into the tavern again next time. The moving of quitting time tiles around seemed pointless, so we didn't do it, but I suspect I am missing something based on a quick look at the other tavern questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Richardson
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
The next CGC meeting will be Saturday, September 8th 2018. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1547039935320485/
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same thought that the way the Tavern worked was pointless. So we played within the last hour doing it this way.

You cycle the quitting time tiles whether you land on the Tavern or pass it on the action star. But you can only have a craftsman enter if you land on the Tavern. The rules state that they cycle around every time you land on the Tavern which I thought was tedious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time you land on the Tavern action space, you:
1. Move any guild tokens in the bedroom to the ready position.
2. Move any guild tokens in the tavern to the bedroom.
3. Optionally, pay to move guild tokens from the ready position to the tavern, and rotate the craftsmen from those guilds counterclockwise one position.

The purpose of cycling the guild tokens in this way is to prevent players from placing the same guild tokens in the tavern every time they land on the Tavern action space. Since the guild tokens move from the tavern space to the bedroom space, you don't get those guild tokens back on the ready space until you've landed on the Tavern action space twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike n Phyllis Snedeker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt is correct. It really is a timing mechanism so a player doesn't just keep filling his craftmen up with beer & bawdy song every turn! You need to be a responsible Architect!! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.