Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hello all,
I've uploaded some pictures of a remake of modern art called "modern boardgames" made by a friend. We decided not to upload the files needed to create the version, as we weren't sure about the legality of it (what with using companies' trademarks, and real (if modified) box cover images). I got a few request to provide the files however, so my question is: is it legally ok for me to upload this stuff into files section of the game?

(iirc some of the cards are based on polish editions of the games, in case it matters)

what I am talking about:

thanks,
mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
There are many games for which alternative artwork is uploaded. If you created it your self (and hence, didn't violate copyrights), I don't see a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
There are many games for which alternative artwork is uploaded. If you created it your self (and hence, didn't violate copyrights), I don't see a problem.

the alternative artwork uses trademarks of specific companies, and images of box covers of specific games. i am not at all sure if 'created it myself' is fully applicable here, which is why i am asking for advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Johan Ragnarsson
Sweden
Lund
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, by many laws, parody is an allowed form of republication when copying other works is not. So if you change "Clue" to "No Clue", "Monopoly" to "Free Competition" and "Ticket to ride" to "Hard day's night", much like in the recent Photoshop competition on bgg, you should pretty much be all right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.