War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: What does lords of....bring to the table?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I own the game but havent tried it yet but since theres a reprint of the expansion i wondered what it brings to the table that the game needs?..(i havent tried the game yet but love battle of five armies)..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the base game "needs" anything. Even experienced players do not always play with the expansion.

What it does add is more choices. I would definitely play the base game several times before considering the expansion. It's still a must buy though

If you love Battle of five armies I think you will also love this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
GamesJart wrote:
I don't think the base game "needs" anything. Even experienced players do not always play with the expansion.

What it does add is more choices. I would definitely play the base game several times before considering the expansion. It's still a must buy though

Excellent point. The game is balanced and satisfying on it's own. I will, however, HAVE to buy the expansion when available. Variety is a good thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collis Jeppesen
United States
New Windsor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhand wrote:
GamesJart wrote:

Excellent point. The game is balanced and satisfying on it's own. I will, however, HAVE to buy the expansion when available. Variety is a good thing!

I have the expansion and enjoy it. Biggest game changer is the FP being able to activate their nations much faster if you split off the Fellowship before the game starts. Makes it harder on Shadow armies taking MT easily (or DEW line, etc.) Really enjoy the extra die and characters, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.