Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game with me at the moment but:

1) Played 4 times (3 as French) with the 1st edition rules. French lost every time but were very close in 3 games.

2) The French will not hold Quebec, they win by reducing the British to below 20? strength points.

3) To do so, the French need, on average, 176 (as I recall) die rolls.

4) Set up (about 6 units, some dummies, in each of the 4 possible areas of British attack) so that when the British attack St.Charles they meet a doubled set of die rolls that will result in a firepower advantage for the French. With average die rolls the invasion can be defeated with only 1/2-2/3 French losses compared to British. Retreat if the British get the upper hand and try again in the next town.

5) Unless overwhelming French firepower can be obtained, always have the British attack so the French get the 1st shot at attrition.

6) Wargames benefit from study of the optimnization of strategy and tactics.

Note: You can combine all die rolls in one if there is little chance of wiping out the opposing column. Otherwise, potential tripled die rolls for flanking attacks could be wasted.

I can give more detail later if you need it.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry,

Triple strength attacks only on retreats using an uncommitted reserve I think (as I said, don't have the game in from of me, 1st edition rules). Flank attacks are just doubled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.