Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die Macher reprint is classified as a paperback book on Amazon.com and ships free with super-saver shipping!

http://www.amazon.com/Die-Macher-International-Money-Politic...

Edit: modified link to make it bgg friendly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn it... I don't think this would ever hit the table but I am so tempted by how cheap it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
So... if I have the 2nd edition german version, is there a particular reason I want to get this one? are there any noticeable differences between editions? I can't find a comparison on BGG, but I may not be looking hard enough in the right places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lightnng wrote:
So... if I have the 2nd edition german version, is there a particular reason I want to get this one? are there any noticeable differences between editions? I can't find a comparison on BGG, but I may not be looking hard enough in the right places.

As far as I can tell, the most significant change in production is all new art and replacing the text on the cards with symbols.

My conclusion is that I like the art a bit better in the 2nd edition and the German on the cards doesn't seem to bother us. It'd be nice to have language neutral cards, but not $35 nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
ManlyWan wrote:
lightnng wrote:

As far as I can tell, the most significant change in production is all new art and replacing the text on the cards with symbols.

My conclusion is that I like the art a bit better in the 2nd edition and the German on the cards doesn't seem to bother us. It'd be nice to have language neutral cards, but not $35 nice.

Thank you sir. That's very helpful. I won't be going for this then - the 2nd edition IS pretty nice, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Bowsher
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have a copy of the 2nd ed. Love the components, but an unambiguous copy of the English rules would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Reeves
United States
Akron
Oh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Booder98 wrote:
I have a copy of the 2nd ed. Love the components, but an unambiguous copy of the English rules would be nice.

The rules for the 3rd edition are on the Valley Games website for download.

http://valleygames.ca/DieMacherRules.pdf

I haven't read them so I can't say if they are unambiguous or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that's the best news I heard today..

And best part is.. they will ship it over seas since it is under Paper back book section... they normally wouldn't send games over seas.

And Amazon shiping is always quick and reliable.. compared to the rest.
Thank you for this heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Galloway
Canada
Lansdowne
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's the same price in Canadian dollars at Amazon.ca!!

http://www.amazon.com/Die-Macher-International-Money-Politic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.