Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Allen
United States
Millbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

I am a original backer of District-Z that was Kickstarted by RubiOH! Games
last year. George, the genius behind the game, was extremely professional and delivered a very high quality game.

Earlier this year Chris Brown designed a game and Kickstarted called Slaughterville. Unfortunately, the Kickstarter did not succeed at the time. So, George and Chris decided to team up give the game a overhaul and it hit Kickstarter again as of Sunday 6-14-15 and running for 30 days. Which is nice is the fact that the game has the potential to get shipped with over 700, that's right 700 cardsif all stretch goals are meet. George and Chris are also throwing at us some really cool kickstarter exclusives and a Tourist competition where you meet certain goals, you can get your hands on a couple rare and exclusive run of a couple cards to add to your game.

If I were you and you like your card games, this is a no brainer. It touches on a theme so rarely visited in boardgames, and all the support you can give helps another couple artists the ability to produce their dream and launch a project Chris and George have worked hard to bring to reality.

Slaughterville kickstarter also gives backers the ability to grab District-Z for 20 bucks!

Don't miss out! Come, visit Slaughterville with me, bring your buds! The bigger the group, the better our survival rate!

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for the kind words! We really appreciate it and look forward to meeting all of you in Slaughterville. It is going extremely well this time around and we are on our way to day 1 funding! We are also number 5 on Kicktraq Hot List!!

It is funny how George and I met. I backed District-Z and I loved it. While that campaign was going on, I was working on Slaughterville. I had finished what I had done and decided to run the Kickstarter earlier in the year. I had asked George and others to preview the page for me and give advice. Fast forward to halfway through the campaign and George messages me asking about working together to improve Slaughterville. I wanted him to come to my home and play a few games before he made a decision. We met and we agreed to work together that day. It has been a long, fun road and the result so far has been nothing but positive! Now we need to get this into your hands and we are getting ever closer to doing that! Wait until you see what is after the revealed goals...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Shop at GameSurplus.com
badge
Shop at GameSurplus.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hearing Slaughterville described as Pathfinder ACG with Betrayal at House on the Hill theme. Generally speaking, is that an apt description?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an awesome question. Both have been games that I love and own. In Pathfinder you go to locations, search and react to the cards fighting enemies or gaining items, so there is that element. Betrayal has that awesome B-Movie feel and a ton of replay value because of different scenarios, so yes there is that there too. In Slaughterville, you get to choose 6 locations to explore and you will be facing off against a villain which will contain the win/loss conditions for the Villain and Players. Yep, sounds like a good description to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomaso Munari
Italy
Genova
Genova
flag msg tools
mb
I think the game could be really nice... District-Z was very professionally crafted, and the game mechanic, while easy, is quite interesting, especially the bonus campaign setting...
B-Movies are a refreshing theme, given all the Zombie craze we have these days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric D
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stumbled onto Slaughterville while perusing Kickstarter. It is so up my ally. As a fan of Horror movies as well as video games (Silent Hill, Clocktower, Resisdent Evil) I jumped right in. The video walkthroughs reinforced that this game is great.

Then I came across the mention of District-Z. I had missed out on that Kickstarter and reached out to George who pointed me at the District-Z website. I purchased my copy immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.