Europe Engulfed» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Spending werps on Strat. Warfare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bent Coff
Denmark
flag msg tools

Hi,

I have considered before my next game to buy the max. of allied bombers (30), which is allowed.
Then in summer 1944 to use them when invading France. The purpose is not to destroy German Werps, but mostly to hit teh stratmoves.

On the other hand it is very expensive, (145 werps), which is almost 25 % of the US werps fra jan 1942 to maj 1944.

Have anyone some experience in bedding that many werps on strat.warfare ?

How many bombers is at the least needed to be effective ?

As long as the Germans can shift from front to front, it is almost impossible to beat them.

Too many times have I been smashed on the western shores when invading, because my opponent (axis) have put up his elite forces in France and after smashing the Wallies have stratmoved them to the East to beat the Russians.

Regards

Bent Coff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sallot
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep,

I think you are spot on. Its the not the WERPS that is decisive but limiting German Strat Moves.

I have had the most success against Germany when is STRAT Moves are limited, because once Germany is off-balance or in very dangerous situation, it is very difficult for him to recover.

Is it worth 145 WERPs? That seems a bit much, but the more you spend on bombers and fighters the more Germany has divert away from much needed ground units.

So, I think its near to history that the bombing itself was not decisive, but the 2nd and 3rd order effects that real benefit is realized.

Cheers
s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
The thing to look at is how much is the Axis spending on fighters to protect himself. If the answer is zero then you don't need the full amount as very few will be shot down. If they start spending then you need fighters as well.

I would start bombing before D-Day though to make better use of the WERPs invested (in blatting some of the Axis WERPs) and shooting down fighters ready for the big day. Also encourages the Axis to spend on fighters and flak and that is WERPs the Russians won't be facing in 1943 (when the Wallies cant do much else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.