Guan Yixin
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rule book, it is mentioned that:
"Points from money and resources: Every third coin/resource chip is 1 VP"

It's clear that every 3rd coin is 1 VP.
But for resource chip, does it mean "every resource chip is 1 VP" or "every 3rd resource chip is 1 VP"?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add up all your coins and resources and divide by three.

During the game you can sell a resource for a coin so they are equivalent in value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guan Yixin
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But, you can only buy a resource with 3 coins. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You can buy a resource of your choice for 3 coins, but for scoring each resource is the equivalent of one coin as the others suggested.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do resources score twice (once for the corresponding temple and once again for every 1/3)?

If I have the temple for wheat and 6 wheat in my inventory, is that 12 points or 14?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingofTown wrote:
Do resources score twice (once for the corresponding temple and once again for every 1/3)?

If I have the temple for wheat and 6 wheat in my inventory, is that 12 points or 14?

The resources score twice. The descriptions for the temples include a colon (or equals sign, depending on the version), so you don't surrender the resources to get the points. (The copy of the rules I have handy also explicitly says not to discard resources when scoring a temple that uses resources for its scoring.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.