Popular Tags: [View All]
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all!

My partner and I are wondering what the going rate for graphics design/artwork will cost us. We have a game that we think in 2-3 months will be ready for us to hire an artist and are just wondering how much it would cost for around 47 unique playing size cards, Logo for the game, the box art and the instructions art. We're thinking of art that looks more like a painting than a graphic designer.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katy Grierson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not that easy to put a price on things, the best thing you can do is find some artists you like and start asking for quotes.

Graphic design/logo things are normally separate to Illustration so you may well need one person to do your layout and logo, card boarders and whatnot and another to actually do the pictures.

You mention painting style - then for fully rendered artwork from someone that knows what they are doing enough to take on 47 cards you may be looking at $100 minimum for a card. Fantasy Flight Games pay somewhere between $100-$300 per card. Magic the Gathering start I believe at $800+ per card.

You may get lower quotes from some artists but in short, pick two -

If you can re-use some illustrations then you can save money. Stock art is significantly cheaper - especially if your game is untested or not for a commercial market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice! We're hoping to have the game done by the end of the year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.