Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

Not complaining in the least - I think it's terrific that this game is getting so much attention recently.

But for a game that was released in 2011, it sure has had a lot of buzz over the last couple of months.

Any big reason(s) why this might be? New print run? New YouTube run-throughs? What's goin' on here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanruhe wrote:
Hey all.

Not complaining in the least - I think it's terrific that this game is getting so much attention recently.

But for a game that was released in 2011, it sure has had a lot of buzz over the last couple of months.

Any big reason(s) why this might be? New print run? New YouTube run-throughs? What's goin' on here?

A mini-expansion that was an Essen promo is now available in the Geek Store from Spielbox. Also announcement of a card and dice version coming out. Lots of news on it lately. Breaking the top 10. All of this can be found with a quick glance at the most recent posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
ColtsFan76 wrote:

A mini-expansion that was an Essen promo is now available in the Geek Store.

What?! Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

A mini-expansion that was an Essen promo is now available in the Geek Store.

What?! Where?

Sorry, not Geekstore, Direct from Spielbox. I order so many promos I forget from where sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't an Essen promo. Someone contacted the Publisher before Essen and arranged a copy. No one else was able to get a copy there. Unfortunately.

Although...actually, fortunately. Because this new reprint of that promo is on thinner cardboard that actually matches the base game tiles. The Original promo from last year was twice as thick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara
United Kingdom
York
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was implemented online yucata.de/en/GameInfo/CastlesOfBurgundy meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Peddle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Truthfully, I think it is a result of designer gaming popularity in general. More and more people are gaming. They look at the BGG top games list. COB is an inoffensive, mechanically smooth game that has a comfortable run time. Plays excellent at 2, 3, or 4p. Unlike other Euros in the top games list, this is a non punishing friendly game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my wife.
mbmbmbmbmb
burnerp3h wrote:
Truthfully, I think it is a result of designer gaming popularity in general. More and more people are gaming. They look at the BGG top games list. COB is an inoffensive, mechanically smooth game that has a comfortable run time. Plays excellent at 2, 3, or 4p. Unlike other Euros in the top games list, this is a non punishing friendly game.

This is a perfect answer to the question people asking why CoB broke top 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Rose
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burnerp3h wrote:
And its relatively cheap compared to many other games.... £19.99 here in the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Boris
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing on Yucata.de and bought the game. My kids love it. It is a great family game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And for whatever reason, it's been available at US Barnes & Nobles for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
And for whatever reason, it's been available at US Barnes & Nobles for a long time.

Not in my neck of the woods. But that's cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bzak
msg tools
It got my attention as one of the cheapest top ranked games that favored two player and supported more, plus it is at our Books a Million.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 5th expansion mentioned will apparently be available from the Geek Store next week.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19731477#19731477

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's because it was/is in regular stores, such as Barnes and Noble, for excellent or "affordable" price. At one point, it was being sold for $19.99...great price for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.