Popular Tags: [View All]
Luís Evangelista
Portugal
Santa Iria de Azoia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all
I've just bought the Khind deck and one question is in my mind: As long as a gang is active, the special power texts are valid? for instance, if a card says "at the end of my turn I..." does it work every turn until the Gang is no longer active? If so, there are a couple of very powerfull cards in this deck!...

many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. The text stays active with the gang. So keeping a gang active is usually to your benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be correct. There are two basic strategies that I see with this deck. One would be too slowly reveal each character of a gang, so as too milk as much damage from their special power text as possible. Especially for the Top Gang. The other is to reveal them all at the same time in the hopes that your opponent will back down from such a powerful attack. Plus, you are able to draw more cards each turn that way, hoping to end the game on your terms, and after you have alot of powerful attacks. There is, of course, a happy medium of the two that often must be employed due to diverse hands and such. The Khind can be a pain to play against, but they are not invincible.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With that in mind, what's the defense against such an attack? It seems like the Khind are well nigh invincible if the powers remain active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
dengue wrote:
With that in mind, what's the defense against such an attack? It seems like the Khind are well nigh invincible if the powers remain active.

Individually the characters are pretty weak, so they need to get gang members together to compete in the first place. That makes them a touch more fragile than other decks.

When they do synch up you have some decisions to make. If you can weather the entire gang then the Khind has to start over and that's usually beyond what they're capable of. Another option is to cut the gang in half. Draw out the fight a bit until 60% or more of a gang is in play (and before the 2 dragon threshold has been hit) and then retreat. Now the Khind have to figure out a good way to get rid of the underpowered stragglers.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice thanks!

We've just gotten the game and a couple decks through the BGGcon Math Trade (plug!) and have been playing with the prefab decks. My bride and I were both a little overwhelmed by the power of the Khind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dengue wrote:

As Matthew discusses, sometimes you do have to just run away, but the secret of running away is the same as the secret of great comedy.

But what about not running away? Of course sometimes the Khind (or any other deck) can put you where you can't handle it. Or possibly even nothing in your deck can handle it. But I've never come across a circumstance that nothing can't handle it - I'm assuming advanced rules, construct your own deck from all eleven decks.

You can take that as a challenge if you like. To give it a chance, let's see if there's anything that takes three cards to solve. Or then four, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dengue wrote:
My bride and I were both a little overwhelmed by the power of the Khind.

One of the main things to note is that generally (as the other player) time is not one your side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.